Monday, November 16, 2009

Finally bought my first Christmas gift

For $10 you could provide one person in Africa or Asia clean water for a year. After reading about this project, I felt compelled to donate. Maybe it's because we dream of running a family farm and having a ministry like this one, only with food. Or maybe the pictures were so poignant and beautiful that the opportunity was irresistible. But I'm glad that this was my first gift to buy. I pray it will take my eyes off of myself this Christmas season and give me eyes to begin to see what my Savior sees, loving and giving as He would. Being able to give is such a gift! Take a look:
http://www.charitywater.org/pages/water4christmas/

1 comment:

Cara S. said...

thank you so much for this post. I am donating as well and am going to post something on my blog about it tomorrow. Hopefully others will follow. What a great cause and a great first gift to buy. I too hope this gift will keep me focused as the next month brings hustle and bustle.