Saturday, October 07, 2006

Our first outing, just us girls

It's funny how I feel with this new baby. I guess because there is a four year gap between #2 and #3, and because I have never had a girl, I really feel like a new mom in many ways. This past Friday was a prime example. I took the baby to her 2 week check-up. I was actually nervous to see if she is gaining weight. It's so silly! But with breastfeeding, who knows how much milk they are getting? And she is sometimes going 4 hours between feedings and I did NOT want the doctor to tell me to wake her up to feed. Thankfully, she is gaining well. The picture above is what she wore to the dr. appointment. We have all of these adorable newborn size outfits and I don't want her to outgrow them, so we took the outing as an opportunity to wear something fancy. It really is fun dressing little girls.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

She is adorable! Glad to hear she is doing well.

terrible speller said...

she is so precious

RHB said...

She is so pretty in har little pink shoes. Love the shoes! SA had some like that, and I love them! It is fun dressing little girls. When I recently had a friend over, she said, "Wow, SA, you have a lot of pink clothes." :) Guess what color SA already recognizes and can name? Of course, pink. Wish we could be girly-girl mommies together. Love and miss you!

Kate said...

She's so beautiful!
Warning - it's addicting (and expensive) to buy for little girls. (Well I say expensive because with two you want to buy matching everything!)
I love Lydia's outfit and those little oh so cute shoes!