Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A new day

Today was a wonderful day. I ended my yuck day yesterday in prayer. When I woke up this morning I had to face the music, literally. The boys have an early music class on Tuesdays so I had to be up and at 'em by 6:45. I actually love being in a hot shower before the kids are awake. What a great time for prayer and clarity. And the baby decided to go 4 hours between each feeding during the night! I started the day feeling better.

Today I knew we had a morning planned away from home and I wondered how the baby would do. I hated to get her out so soon. But the day was amazing. While the kids went to their music class, I nursed her in a chapel. It was dark and quiet and peaceful. Then she slept while we played on the playground with friends. I saw one of my dearest friends for the first time in a month and the fellowship was so nice. On the way home the most AMAZING moment of my day happened, it was a huge answer to prayer. My man called and asked if my mom could eat lunch with the kids and give us some time to have a date lunch together (with #3 in tow, of course.) I knew she would need to nurse right in the middle of lunch, but so what, I was game! We had the sweetest time together. Nothing romantic, just two best friends soaking up one another's company. I needed it SO much. I think my biggest problem yesterday was that my "love tank" was completely on empty. It had been too long since I had some cuddles and quality time with my sweetheart. The timing was perfect. The baby slept through the entire lunch, so it was more than I could have expected!

When we got home I knew we needed to have homeschool. On Tuesdays we do school in the afternoon which is not the best time for my boys to focus. It turned out to be a really great day in school. They did well and the baby slept through all four lessons. She must be going through her first growth spurt. She is eating like a little pig when she nurses, staying awake about 15 more minutes and then she is sleeping for 2 or more hours. Anyway, God was gracious to allow the events of the day to go so smoothly. It was convicting for me to see that life is so full of blessing and joy and that my melodrama is really silly. I am a thankful momma tonight.

4 comments:

Renee said...

I'm sorry you are having such a hard day. My advice (for what it's worth) would be to enjoy this time as much as you can and possibly put off school a little bit longer until you're a little more adjusted. I know we always get anxious to get back into the swing of things. But this, too, shall pass. Praying for you.

Jackie said...

How good God is to answer your sweet prayers of the day before!

I'm so impressed that you've even started back to any kind of school schedule after 11 short days.

The secret to a busy life with little kids is to be thankful. That is the will of God. You are well on your way! Good for you!

Renee said...

Somehow my previous comment landed on the wrong post. But I am so glad you had a great day and that Lydia Joy is falling into place with everything going on. God is so good.

terrible speller said...

Glad to hear it is going better, I was in prayer for you this morning!