Sunday, April 30, 2006

Memory Lane



Thank you all so much for the ideas with the housework! I think fly lady is calling our name!

I just got home from a wonderful weekend. My parents took our boys to the beach for three days. This fun adventure for the boys gave my sweetie and me a weekend alone. We decided to spend it visiting our old alma mater. We had the most precious weekend of walking down memory lane. A little brief history...we met our first weekend in college and began spending a lot of time together with other friends right away. By Christmas I was smitten. We became engaged a few years later and married just before we graduated.

Back to our weekend, we got to visit all of our old hang outs. My favorite place that we saw was the park where we used to hike regularly. My man proposed in that park. There is a big hickory tree where he had carved our initials during each year that we dated (see above picture). Under that tree he read the passage in Ephesians 5 of God's design for our marriage. He washed my feet and vowed to serve me (as Christ served his beloved) all the days of our life. He promised to lead through humility and a heart of service. His proposal was so "him". Of course, he has not been the perfect husband all of the time, but he has consistently served me with a humble heart.
We sat under that tree on Saturday and I replayed the day he proposed perfectly in my memory. I remember the magic of that year that we were engaged and the beauty and peace I felt on our wedding day. At the end of the summer we will have our 10th anniversary. I am praising God for my sweetheart. Thank you God for the grace and understanding that you have given to us for one another, despite our flaws. Thank you for the "Song of Solomon love" that I feel for him. I pray that you will continue to give me renewed passion and adoration for my precious husband.

2 comments:

terrible speller said...

So happy to hear y'all had such a great weekend. I am excited about tomorrow. I CAN NOT wait to hear the news!

terrible speller said...

So happy to hear y'all had such a great weekend. I am excited about tomorrow. I CAN NOT wait to hear the news!