Friday, November 20, 2015

November already

These days back at home and home schooling again have turned into seasons and it is almost time to buy our Christmas tree!  To say this has been a sweet season for us is an understatement!  I have enjoyed so much a slower pace, focus at home, and all day with these precious souls.  It isn't perfect, but it is oh so good.

Jack and Josh are 95% independent learners. I help mainly with Math and Latin.  I grade their work and review what they missed and they move along.  They require very little teaching.  And by God's grace, they are 100% self-motivated.  As with so many things, Jack seems to set the tone for his younger siblings. He has his sights set on film school and is motivated daily by this big goal. He practices for the ACT every day.  He has made straight A's.  It's a joy to see him work hard and succeed. 

Most of my time is spent with Lydie.  This was my goal from the beginning, as she spent her kindergarten, first, and second grade years with a very busy and tired Mama who was a full-time teacher.  She and I snuggle and read, paint together, play review games with balloons and chalk, and have good days together.  She is doing so well.  She thrives with one-on-one time together!  Of course some mornings I drag her along, or have work to do or appointments and have to rush through the fun stuff.  But every moment is a gift and I am incredibly thankful for this year together.

My only thought looking forward to the new year and the second half of school is to pray it will be as smooth and enjoyable as these last months! 

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it."
Henry David Thoreau

No comments: