Sunday, January 12, 2014

Basketball season

This basketball season has been a good one for Joshua.  I love seeing another side of him when he is on the court.  It takes a lot of encouragement and practice for him to be aggressive.  He is just so, VERY laid-back.  But we have spent some extra time with him this year at the YMCA, and he has made such improvement already. 


I love watching his intensity, yet he always has a big smile on his face during the games.  He really loves to play, and of course we love to watch him.  He is actually really good at defense, as he is learning to keep his eye on the ball and rebound, while really covering his opponent.  It's fun to watch!


Each game he has fouled a player once.  I love that he gets one foul!  One foul means he is being aggressive.  Two fouls is iffy.  Three fouls might mean he is a cheater.  Yes, ONE foul, makes me smile.  Did I mention I have NO problem with competitiveness?



I am very thankful that my two boys, one who is a bookworm and writer and the other who loves to build and needs time alone, are both really enjoying their respective sports this year.  With one in the throws of puberty and the other following close behind, I know it will be really important to have a healthy outlet for the overflowing testosterone.  I am so thankful that the Lord has provided them cross country and basketball, as sports have not been a big part of their lives on a consistent basis.  I am looking forward to a great season!




"In the dust of defeat as well as well as the laurels of victory there is a glory to be found if one has done his best." 
Eric Liddell

No comments: