Monday, July 23, 2012

Sweet confirmation

I only have a moment, so I know I won't be able to write all that is on my mind.  But I wanted to document here what a joy this summer has been as I have been preparing for school.  Sometimes in life we pray and pray, and ultimately we just do not know with 100% certainty what to do.  So we do our best and step out in faith that God will see us through.  (And He does, of course.)  And sometimes we forget to pray or we act in selfishness or haste and make mistakes.  And those lead to consequences and difficulties.  BUT, sometimes, we pray and we know without a shadow of a doubt that God is pointing us in a certain direction.  I like those times.  And this teaching job was one of those.
God has confirmed that this is His will for me in so many huge ways this summer.  The biggest is the way he brought our lovely, sweet friend Charissa to stay with us this month.  We didn't even ask her to come, she asked if she could come and help.  And she has truly made this month wonderful for all of us.  I have been gone some days from 8-5 working in my classroom or at the school for meetings.  This time away would be such a disappointment for my children who have never had to deal with me working outside the home.  But Charissa has eased this burden for them by playing with them, taking them out for ice cream and swimming, and in so many other ways.  She has truly felt like a part of our family and we all love her so much.  My daughter tells her every day that she loves her.  I keep pinching myself.  The entire month of July she has/will be here...and I didn't even have to search for her!  God just brought her to us!  Can you believe it??
Lydie's new sidekick, the boys new friend, and my life saver!
Besides that enormous blessing, I am enjoying the preparation for the school year so much!  There really aren't words for how blessed and excited I feel.  I love the other teachers, many of whom are my age and stage.  (Women who are both my age and stage in life have been extremely hard for me to come by since I moved.)  Also, the staff challenges me with their passion for learning (and teaching).  I could write a book about all that I have learned.  This group of men and women are so godly, brilliant, and funny!  I love their company and really look forward to their friendship.  It feels amazing to be part of a team-this team.  God has fulfilled a deep desire for me by giving me these people!  And the anticipation of meeting the children is so exciting!  I cannot wait!
My husband and children are all so happy for me.  Well, Lydie is a little more self-centered, typical five year old.  But Charissa is doing a great job loving on her when I am gone.  But Andy and the boys have been amazingly supportive and excited about all that I am bringing home and talking about.  I have had to keep paper and pencil by the bed because I wake up at night with ideas or questions.  It's kind of crazy.
I am so excited for the adventure of another week.  Praying for discernment in the juggling of it all.  And praying prayers of gratitude for the wonderful things God has orchestrated for us.  Wow!

"And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you."
Psalm 9:10

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

How fantastic!! When gifts like her come along, you can't help but know it's straight from heaven!! :) SO thankful everything has come together for you!!

Can't wait to hear the latest school news and updates! I'm sure you're in the heat of the battle as everything is kicking off...SO exciting! :)

Hang in there! May you see Jesus smiling on you today!