Thursday, January 07, 2016

My word

I have no idea how an entire week has slipped by in this new year already. This week has been extremely busy, each day with many things left undone. And we are looking ahead to two weekends in a row with a full calendar and a major house project in the works. Needless to say, my exercise and house-keeping goals are NOT off to the best start.  But I have been in prayer that God would use my time as He sees fit. I have already in the seven days of 2016 had phone calls from friends who need help, been able to offer our home for a retirement celebration and small group gathering, and hosted friends.  I have had coffee with a Mom who needed advise and had some really rich conversations with my children. I feel like God is keeping me busy with the people under my roof and those outside my family. This is a beautiful thing. So all is well.

In the rush of it all, I haven't recorded my word for 2016.  It is CELEBRATE. I hope, in all the days and circumstances of this upcoming year, to celebrate the Lord's goodness and faithfulness.  I have found that a life of celebration is always possible and when I am willing to embrace it life is rich and good.  I look forward to looking for opportunities to celebrate, both the special and mundane, all year.

Here are my words from previous years:

Dance::2015
Listen:2014
Anticipation::2013
Catechesis::2012
Delight::2011
Peace::2010
Satisfaction::2009
Courage::2008

Psalm 118:24
"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Proverbs 15:15
"All the days of the afflicted are evil, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast."

No comments: