Saturday, October 10, 2015

October 10th- 24 years ago

When I was Jack's age, October 10, 1991, I had the most terrifying night of my life. Traumatic brain injury, icu, broken bones, gashes and bruises entered my very naïve 15 year old world through a car accident with friends resulting in very serious injuries to my best friend/high school boyfriend. God was so gracious and patient with me when I embraced confusion, regret, rebelliousness, and mostly fear during the rest of high school. I am so thankful that the ultimate outcome was healing for Matt. I am so amazed at the strength of his family, so much more now as a Mom. God has used that night in profound ways to draw me close to Him, to know and breathe deeply in His love and grace when he finally bopped me on my stubborn head a couple of years later and I became His child. He is always created beauty from ashes. Praise Him. Grace and mercy. Miracle Matt. Living for my Redeemer!

No comments: