Monday, September 05, 2011

Labor day weekend fun: The Fair

We were the big party poopers of the family this weekend. My brother's family, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins all went to the beach. We decided to have a "staycation" and not join them. I know, boring! But it was SO good for us. We watched movies, played games, the kids had home-made pancakes and popcorn, enjoyed a day of college football (War Eagle!), and we took one night to go to the Alabama State Fair. I napped, took a bubble bath, read, and enjoyed my family every day. With such a busy school year, so much travel time in the car, adjusting to teaching three separate grade levels this year, and trying to adjust to Mom's cancer news, I had NO energy to pack and travel. (And we have a fabulous trip to look forward to in December with these family members- Steamboat, Colorado!)It has been a super weekend! Restful, fun, wonderful! (If you live in Alabama and listen to the radio, we saw the "monkeys ridin' dogs!!" My husband thought that advertisement was hilariously obnoxious.)

No comments: