Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My little hiker

My #1 has two favorite hobbies right now...being in the woods and baseball. Of all the skills he uses to enjoy his two past times, his hiking abilities are the most impressive. The kid will complain if he has to walk through Wal-Mart, but can RUN a five mile hike through the woods. He recently went on an overnight camping trip with his Dad, best friend and his best friend's Dad. He was the hiker whiz. We laugh at this picture of him resting because his Daddy found him finally out of energy and that was definitely a Kodak moment!

The first time we went on a hike with him he had just turned 4. We took him on a fairly easy 3 mile trail. At the end of the trail, he said, "Mommy, just leave me here. I am going to spend the night and you can come back and get me." He couldn't wait to give it another whirl. I am so excited that God has gifted him with a love of nature like his Daddy. I enjoy and appreciate God's creation, but these two guys are different. They understand it and are really most comfortable outdoors. Don't they look cute by Daddy's new canoe? They were both so excited to hop in, while Toot and I were nervous that we would fall out!

Thank you God for instilling this beautiful passion in #1's little heart and mind. I can't wait to see how you will use it to your glory!

The verse I have taped to my back window to remind me to stop and enjoy the view:
Psalm 8:3-6
"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet."



1 comment:

Wendy said...

My husband and son enjoy the same things together. We are just getting ready to purchase a canoe, so they can do more things like this together. Isn't it great when they can enjoy things together!